Sunday, November 28, 2010

climb down the chimney, put up the brightest string of light

I felt as though I was in the jungle two nights ago. There were feisty lions, leopards, and tigers jumping onto each other. Actually there were just girls with really big claws. Lin and I actually sat across from Urban Outfitters watching all of this happen outside and inside. We sat in Starbucks for about an hour and a half before we went into the chaotic mess of destruction. I found some neat items on the floor that the customers pulled down the minute they grabbed a hold of something else. I finally purchased this David Weidman owl painting that I wanted a few months ago for a really good deal. I also got a new wallet because all of the ones I own are flimsy and ridiculously unreliable to carry around. Now, my new wallet can hold cards, cash, and coins safely with a perfectly working zipper. The design reminds me of Native Americans and India too, or two of my favorite things to think of when I am looking for unique designs.

It was nice to have my brother back this weekend from San Diego because he was able to help me order a new working camera with the shipping within just two days. I promise to buy a case to protect this new baby. So below I already mentioned how I went through 18 hours of insanity. Yes, I too was a crazy shopper, but I mainly bought Christmas gifts for my friends and teachers. I pretty much took the time to pick out everything, making sure that no teachers would get chocolate this year. This year, they are getting real non-edible and useful items. But for one of the teachers, I bought a remote caddy. That's the only gift that I am feeling iffy about, but hopefully it will come to use, because I know my dad could sure use one of those. Our remotes are actually everywhere in the house. I wish we had a universal remote control like the one in the movie Click sometimes. I actually had a dream of the universal remote control last night for some reason, so that explains why I just brought up the remote caddy gift just now.

Before, I was 98 percent done with my Christmas shopping, but now I should be 99 percent done. The last percent is left for my mama and papa. Now I can't wait to wrap them and work on the Christmas cards and decorations. But I can't yet, because I have a busy day ahead of me today, as well as a busy week following up after today. The last SAT for seniors is this Saturday, so I need to focus and work hard, along with staying on top of assignments and quizzes for Macbeth in English. So I am going to use my brother's room as my storage room for now, since he is gone again.

I realized that I didn't have time to put up the Christmas tree this Thanksgiving even though I said I would. But no worries, I still have time to do so. I can't wait to make my living room look holiday-like. Now, I will get back to working on my scholarship essays and listening to the Glee Christmas Soundtrack.

No comments: