Friday, November 19, 2010

cheers to the north pole commercial-free christmas station

There are only so many cups of tasty seasonal drinks to choose from during this time of the year, but I can't help but go back to Starbucks to find comfort in that one cup of latte every now and then. The feeling of the holiday spirits is priceless. Happy Friday my friends. We have overcome yet another week of November. Today's weather is the epitome of feeling blissful. I honestly cannot ask for anything better at the moment. For some strange reason, I nevertheless continue to look forward to being in the melancholy, gloomy weather each day. It's this time of the year when I can pull out my winter clothes again; I'm talking about being able to pull out those large plastic boxes of mine that I stored since last January, with those carefully folded thick scarves, knit-sweaters, hats, fleece pants, and coats that have been stuffed inside and away for so long. It's just love, love, love. I find it funny that I used to hold such a big obsession with the summer season, and now on the contrary I've suddenly become completely crazed for the winter weather. I really don't know what it is, but looking forward to wearing Christmas socks, catching up on literature books, watching holiday movies, and snuggling up in bed just seems like the ultimate break that we've all been waiting for. I can't even imagine how much more exciting it's going to get during this happiest time of the year, only because I feel like it is already happening!

Everything seems to be falling in place again. During this time of the month, I am just really trying to value the time that I get to spend with old friends, listen to old mixes, reminisce the good times, and focus in school.

On another note, congrats to the football team for bringing CCS home this year! Way to go Pirates! See you guys at the game tonight.

   

No comments: