Thursday, November 11, 2010

the leaves are falling and i am waiting

I am waiting for Thanksgiving and Christmas to come faster. The Christmas Channel is playing almost all day, everyday with the exception of Jennifer's Autumn Mix every few hours. Overall, today was a great Thursday to start with. I finished watching the rest of Scott Pilgrim and practiced playing some holiday songs for band. Not long, Tiffany drove over to my house and waited for Rachel to come to take the both of us to pick up Sheryne on the way. We went to LeBoulanger for brunch and sat outside to talk. It was a really nice and chilly day of November; just the perfect kind of feeling for a Thursday morning for the four of us. It has indeed been a long time since the four of us actually hung out, especially since we haven't had classes together since freshmen year. Now, I am lucky to have Sheryne in my Avid class, Rachel in my American Government class, and Tiffany in my English class. I just might have to thank the school's scheduled systems for this arrangement. I feel very blessed to be with such good friends again.

After brunch, we went over to the two-story Target and tried on funky hats, over-sized sunglasses, fuzzy holiday slippers, antler ears, and boys' sweats. We played with the light sabers in the toy sections, attempted a hide and seek game, and wore Star Wars masks in between aisles of merchandise. With the intentions of looking for new coffee mugs, we ended up getting distracted by the many wonders of Target. Back at my house, the four of us just looked up YouTube videos and watched "famous" people sing. After Tiffany left, she came back for a second time to drop off the pumpkin pie that we all craved for during brunch. That was very nice of her to bring Sheryne, Rachel, and me a big slice of her Costco pumpkin pie.

Then I went out running with Vincent and got to catch up on how things are going at school. The hour and a half was a very worthwhile hangout. It was nice to spend my time venting to Vincent as usual about how things are changing for the better nowadays. At our usual hangout spot down at the creek, we also reminisced about the good and fun days back in the summertime. All that talking about how summer was so carefree and spontaneous reminded us of how much we missed hanging out with Calvin. Hopefully me, Vincent, Calvin, and Vivian can all go out for another breakfast and hiking adventure again someday in the near future.

Today I was reminded of how lucky I was to have such good friends-- the kind of good friends who are on time most of the times and responsible for set plans.

Happy Thursday night everyone!

No comments: