Saturday, September 18, 2010

6 minutes to midnight

Saturday is about to conclude and I am still wondering about tomorrow's agenda. At this moment, the whole don't-worry-about-today-coming-to-an-end-it-is-already-tomorrow-in-Australia quote does not apply to me. I have lots of wandering thoughts all over the place about what I am going to do with this long day ahead of me that consists of studying for an important upcoming Greek Mythology Exam on Monday and working on a crucially important Personal Statement draft that will be due on Thursday. My weary eyelids are drooping down and my contacts are all dried up. But this is because I have not been following my own made-up bedtime, which is in between the time frame of 9:00-9:30 pm.

Going way back to September 10th, I received the privilege to go on a wonderful and unforgettable field trip with the Special Ed kids to Lake Cunningham Park. I realized that I did not really talk about how this amazing trip went, so now I will briefly talk about it. The event itself was just fantastic. The people in charge had over five schools' Special Ed kids join together for this big Soccer Tournament at the park on a regular bell-schedule school day. I mainly recall seeing everyone joining together, having a bunch of fun running around in about 90 degrees of strikingly hot weather, meeting new energetic people from other schools, and sharing interesting life stories about each others' deep personal lives. There are no real words to explain how great the event turned out and how moved I was to see all of these kids come together as one on that day. All I  remember is that that Friday afternoon was the day that I decided that it was time I made some new goals for myself for the future. I set my mind to be socially involved within the fields of Special Education in the upcoming days.

Skipping forth, the Saturday after the field trip was one of the last days that my brother stayed in San Jose before heading back to San Diego. Jennifer helped plan a hiking trip with my brother, me, and his friends to Joseph D. Grant Park. We went through many curvy and rocky trails along the way that resembled the scenes of Where the Wild Things Are in my point of view. One of my brother's friends, Paul, made this delicious sandwich that just had to be as good as one of those Science Camp meals that we ate in the fifth grade at Walden West. I gave into some of those specially added condiments that day.

Now news regarding Khai Tri, the tutoring center that I work at daily nowadays, contains nothing too life-altering. Occasionally there are many irrational, unreasonable moments and misunderstandings between the boss and me, but in the end, every time I think back to the situations, I always tend to realize that there might have been some major faults in me from the beginning. So I suppose sitting down and reflecting back to what I have done wrong always works when I am in a helpless situation. But really, here I am, as just another high school senior trying to get the employed experience at a work place that actually gives me the chances to learn and make mistakes from, and I have yet to stop and thank all the once in a life-time opportunities that have been given to me so far. I need to stop being such a crybaby and start being a little more grateful when times are grim.   

On the other hand, I am very excited to start applying to colleges soon. No let me go back, I am very excited to take the SAT Reasoning test for the last time in October and be done with the SAT books once and for all. I am excited to take the November SAT Subject Tests and be done with those as well.

Then... I am ready to grow my own plant in my incredibly dry backyard.

I hope this was a good enough summary of what's been going on with me lately. Goodnight San Jose.

1 comment:

Jennifer N. said...

Glad you're being cool, calm, and collected as always. I forgot how close it's getting to app deadlines! As for apps and personal statements, you should definitely seek your brother and me for help. Make sure you let one or both of us read it over so you have outside feedback. I'll be more than willing to set aside some time for a quick read :) Good luck.