Wednesday, September 29, 2010

a quick lunch

Jasmine insisted on driving me home today because of the heated weather, but then we decided to work on homework at the school library after 7th period. So after 6th period, we went to Jamba Juice and Antipastos for an hour. At Jamba Juice, I tried the new Pumpkin Smash-the drink that's supposedly a smoothie and a shake. My rating on this drink is a 3 out of 10. I think the warm pumpkin spiced seasonal drinks generally taste better. Maybe this cold drink just did not work out for me. The over dose of sweetness and strange taste of cinnamon and nutmeg just did not cut to the chase. But I decided to finish it anyway because my mother told me not to waste food or drinks.

So Antipastos is what I wanted to get to. It was my first time going there today, after hearing about it here and there, now and then. I thought it was pretty amazing because it was basically this hidden deli across from the Safeway on McKee Road. Neato. Jasmine told me that it is a family-ran business, so that made the place ten times better for being original. The fact that Antipastos is a family-ran business also made me think about In-N-Out because in Sociology the other day, we were discussing about the restaurant's own chain of  family-ran business. But anyway, I tried out the soup today and my goodness, I could not have asked for better soup. So apparently the word on the street is that everything is good in there. Interesting. It deserves to be written about on Yelp as soon as I make several more visits.

Now, goodnight.

No comments: