Wednesday, September 29, 2010

unfortunate events that lead you to a chaotic night

So what are the chances that you will run out of printer ink the night before your Personal Statement assignment packet is due? What are the chances of changing the indent spaces to 0" and printing out the final draft at least six times? What are the chances of the margin lines not aligned correctly? What are the chances that you then run out of printer paper after running out of batteries while on the phone getting help? What are the chances that you find paper and realize that there are strange gray boxes on the right side of the papers for the Track Changes Draft? What are the chances that you realized after everything is printed that you did not save paper at all?

What are the chances?

For me, this series of unfortunate events happened tonight, even though I have been diligently working on this Personal Statement since forever. On Saturday, I decided to turn this Personal Statement packet in simply as another important graded essay. But I knew I needed to focus and take it seriously even though I plan on writing a separate Personal Statement specifically for the colleges. So above is an example where someone like you could suddenly think that you're in a very urgent FML moment 30 minutes before midnight, run into someone like me.This will not happen again. Luckily, all problems are resolved. Cheers to a long night of waiting for my Verizon phone to fully recharge again. 

No comments: