Friday, April 23, 2010

3rd Annual Youth Conference

"We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future."
-Franklin D. Roosevelt 







I attended the Youth Conference today at the San Jose City Hall. Through the different workshops, I was able to learn more about the current issues that the youths are facing today and how I should deal with the difficulties. I went to the Community Activism and Budget workshops with Kelsea and Mrs. Jones. I actually thought the Budget workshop was quite interesting since the tips and issues addressed were really helpful. Even though we are currently going through some budget cut issues at our own school, I met some people today who have gone through worse. I really hope that their ASB boards will be able to figure out something soon because I can see how awful it would be like to not have any clubs, activities, and sports running at all. It's like robbing a youth's entire high school experience away. I think I need to do some massive researching on budget proposals and cuts this weekend.

But hey, on the other hand, we finally got through another tough week of school. Congrats to everyone who has worked hard this week. I think you guys deserve... 6-miles worth of walking at March of Dimes tomorrow at the Los Gatos Vasona Park! See you guys there.

jane

No comments: