Monday, April 12, 2010

To Go Abuzz And Beeyond
Hello Blogspotters. Three days ago, I attended the 64th Annual Cali-Nev-Ha District Convention for Key Club and it was pretty much one of the most amazing experiences that I have ever been through. From trying out new and fancy restaurants on the road to attending endless, but meaningful workshops on how to become better leaders to learning massive amounts of Key Club facts to voting for the new District Board in a large convention center to having late night talks in the hotel room(s) to bonding with the other 9 people who I experienced my DCON trip with, I saw the spectacular difference in Key Club between the other clubs once more. 

It's kind of difficult to use certain words to explain how incredible it actually was, except that it was truly inspirational and that I  definitely came back feeling more motivated to accomplish my list of current and future goals than ever. I have always told people that the spirit and community service acts ran differently in Key Club. But there, I guess it really was one of those you-just-had-to-be-there moments. 

Don't feel bad now, because it's not too late to join at all. Key Club is always welcoming new people to join and looking for people who are willing to participate in meaningful projects for the ones in need. Here, I am trying to persuade you to join Key Club if you have not yet because the benefits don't just come in where you earn the countless hours of the events or places that you get to visit once-in-a-lifetime, but they come in where you get to meet the people who feel the same way as you do about placing others before you first.

The aid that you can provide can help you remember your list of accomplishments to build that feeling of happiness in which you have probably been searching for, for quite awhile. That feeling that you develop when you know that you've helped someone in need is the award that Key Club can give itself, and it is with no doubt, different from the happiness from winning a million dollar lottery ticket on a good Friday night. I can only guarantee you the amazing experiences to this extent. I am also trying to say that it was truly a fantastic trip that meant so much and I could only give you the gist of how it went and how Key Club really is, for now. 

Once a bee, always a bee,



 Jane

1 comment:

Sherryyyy said...

Nicely said. Today I finished the DCON Presentation, and hopefully it will bring out the "WOW" in the members' faces and also consider on becoming something more in our community! I already sent it to KPD and he was so gooshy. Haha :D