Tuesday, August 24, 2010

102 degrees

The Special Ed kids worked on their trunk-lift tests today. I love how Kyle, the new kid who arrived last Friday morning, gets hyper so easily. He just loves jumping around and it's so fun to work with him because he likes to smile so widely all the time. Today Hanh, who is the first friend I made when I first started aiding, forgot my name because I had my hair down. But then she remembered me a few minutes later when I told her that it was still me, the one who helped her blow dry her shorts under the hand dryer when it was soaked with corn juice yesterday. When she was sure I was Jane, she held my hand to the weight room. Then she definitely recognized me when she told me to peel her banana for her during break.

I say this all the time, but Tuesdays were always meant to be great.

No comments: