Thursday, August 12, 2010

for the past two weeks,

I have been attending four hour long SAT classes at SCU and I can honestly say that I have learned more than I could have possibly imagined. At the end of the day, I always tend to think about how sometimes it may not always be the class itself that has changed that little something in me, but rather the instructor himself that had made this small little impact on me feel dramatically different. Ever since Day One of this Future Teachers Program happened, things really started to change around for me. I started to believe that teachers should deserve more credit to their teaching abilities, than be trashed around and talked about all day. I started to think about all the times that I have tried to list out the pros and cons of a certain teacher. And further more, I started to wonder what it really takes to be the ideal teacher.

When I think about it this way, teachers can indeed leave such huge impacts on this society just from the things they do and the benevolent motives they intend to put behind for students. I mean who am I to say that teachers can affect how a student reacts and functions entirely, right? Because the truth is, I don't know for a fact if that is true or not. However, it just really hits me by the end of each week, as time grows on me, when I really sit down and think about how from my personal opinion, teachers can affect the way I respond inside and outside of a classroom. So better yet, the question is what do I honestly want to do with my future career? I'm most likely future-tripping out here, but taking this teachers program really opened up a lot of new paths and options for me to have me thinking at 11:49  pm at night, every night. 

Chad has always told me to keep my options open and by all means, I will take on his wise advice. But sometimes I can't help but wonder what could possibly happen if I suddenly decided to change my future career plans unexpectedly. I'd still be able to give back to the community and lend a hand out to those who need me. I'd still be able to contribute just as much as I originally plan to help out, for the world.  I mean this is me, I ponder across things like these. And we are merely speaking of a career that I have never even considered about, until this summer. Then again, these are just the deep thoughts that I carry on with me every now and then when I get future-happy about what's going to happen later on in life. So... what if.

Goodnight San Jose.

No comments: