Sunday, August 29, 2010

"Sometimes failure is a part of balancing out the things in your life."

8.5/10


This morning, Lin and I went to Eastridge to watch the first show of Eat, Pray, Love at 10:00 a.m. because we had after plans late in the afternoon. My goodness, it was by far one of the most meaningful 2 hours and 13 minutes of my life. In my personal opinions, the beginning started out a bit rocky and dull, but the film eventually evened out and ended up being a fantastic work of art.

Then we got lost on some bus and both pretended that we were on the right roads. Hehe, we didn't end up having lunch at Santana Row, but we did end up eating pasta and pie at Flames in Downtown San Jose. So that means I basically spent my weekend exploring Downtown two days in a row. Sweet. Sweet strawberries.

Our late after plans consisted of changing out of nowhere to go to this Youth Group for this one organization with Lin and her mama. Because I did not know that we were supposed to be in business casual wear, my denim shorts and strapped sandals did not do. So Lin hurried and put on her old uniform and let me wear her loose jeans and one size smaller Lacrosse shoes. Yikes. But it was worth the experience. I got exposed to new cultural traditions and met some new people from different high schools.

The best part of my day just happened four hours ago. I watched the two hour Drop Dead Diva Season 2 Finale three hours earlier. It was by far one of the best endings ever shown. Expected, yet unexpected. That's what I love about shows and everything else in the world.

No comments: