Saturday, August 21, 2010

happy saturday!

This morning I hung out with my mother and grandma bear. We went to the temple to pray and then headed off to a really cute Mexican grocery store called Mi Pueblo Food Center on Capitol. I think I left my heart in that store because everything was so colorful. I just had to melt.

The shopping carts were red and yellow (my current favorite colors). There could not have been a better mix! My favorite section was the coffee and tea section because there were new kinds of coffee and tea boxes, cups, and bags that I have never seen before. There was even a small section for a restaurant  that had yellow, blue, pink/red, green chairs and tables set up for customers. No wonder my mama always goes to this market...

We bought grapes, cauliflower, onion, and red apples today. I got my Raspberry Jello mix from there as well.

In the afternoon, my mother had to stop by the Farmer's Market before it closed. There she picked up a few bags of fresh peaches. Not long after we got home, Calvin came over and we went biking to Target. There, I dropped off my two rolls of film and called up Vincent to meet at Cataldi Park.

On the way, I bought two cups of lemonade from the two girls in the picture below this post. How adorable. They had their little lemonade stand in between two cars. You see that dollar on the car on the right? That's my dollar. I said to them, "Man you guys must have had so many customers today huh?" The girl in the pink shirt said, "No, actually you guys are our first two customers," shyly. Aw, well I am glad that I was able to help out.

I can only remember how hard it was to lure at least one customer in last summer, to buy one cup of cold and freshly made lemonade. I mean the other three officers and I worked so hard to make our own lemonade stand last July, at the Farmer's Market, to make money for our Junior year. But, I get it. Money is hard to earn nowadays. People don't like to stop by to buy cups of lemonade anymore. Wait, who am I kidding? People don't like to stop by at all anywhere, nowadays. So I hereby want to encourage all of you to motivate others to not be Lethargic Lances and go out there to explore the world. Or in this case, the neighborhood! You never know, maybe you will come across some super neat garage sales or... cute lemonade stands (because lemonade stands don't only exist on TV shows)!


Time to do laundry now! (My mama taught me how to do it today).

No comments: