Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Plastic Life Exhibit

The new art exhibits at the San Jose Museum of Art are fantastic. Ngan and I spent a good two hours or so inside just watching short clips of videos, making cubes, and getting fascinated by different sculptures and paintings. My favorite exhibit was The Plastic Life because it showed a few videos using animation with lots of different digital techniques within a short period of time. But I could only imagine how long it took to put together those animated videos. The exhibit also let us see a little bit of what life was like back in some countries. The whole exhibit was sort of a mixture of the ancient and futuristic days combined. No, the whole exhibit was just sort of.. amazing.

I love going to the art museum.

So we had a really delicious brunch at Bijan before we went inside the art museum. The Bijan Special Bread Roasted Chicken Sandwich tasted like heaven. We also got the chance to help out two homeless men by purchasing sandwiches and coffee for them.

After exploring Downtown and the Art Museum, we went to the World Market, the best store on earth. I bought a golden aluminum bottle. And get this, it's so much bigger than my Earthlust white aluminum bottle that I got from Treehouse in Berkeley with my brother and Jennifer. So I will continue to display the white aluminum can on my shelf for now and use the new aluminum bottle for school. I know it will come in handy because I get thirsty quite fast.

We had lunch at Chili's and let me just say that I am the worst person to go out to eat with because I never seem to be able to finish my plates. I need to order from the Kid's Menu from now on.

No comments: