Monday, August 16, 2010

breakfast at jimmy's

not Tiffany's.

This early morning Kevin and I had breakfast at Jimmy's, a cute looking diner that has eye-catching orange and pink cushioned chairs, reddish walls, nice waitresses, and... a gigantic Roman Numeral clock that I love. I ordered a plain bowl of oatmeal that came with raisins and cinnamon sugar, a blueberry muffin that I never got to until lunch time, and a glass of cold OJ with a pretty red straw.

After, we went to Brigadoon Park and played the would-you-rather game and watched little kids boss each other around on the baby swings for awhile until we decided to go to Target to look for lime jello.

On the other hand, I can't believe that the first day of senior year will be starting first thing tomorrow morning! I know I always say this, but I can't believe and can believe that it's happening, at the same time. This summer has been a real pleasure. I got to cross off most of the things that I wanted to do. Hiking and biking surely made its way through my entire summer. Despite the bike accident, the rest of the summer was well-spent with SAT classes and short hangouts with Calvin. I wish I got to see Dan and the bros more, but what matters most is that I got to see them at least once or twice over this somewhat lengthy break. We cannot have 500 days of summer anymore, but we can try to embrace this one last summer night together, while the night is still young.

If today was my last day on Earth, I wouldn't have anything else to ask for.

See
you
guys
tomorrow.

6:00 a.m. wake up call as usual. No problem.

No comments: