Saturday, July 24, 2010

"another one of my ideal summer days"

Another great summer day is about to pass by, but before the night grows old, I'd like to share with you guys what I call another one of my ideal summer days.

This morning Trung, Kevin, Karney, and I set forth to Manresa State Beach, which is near Monterey at 7:15 a.m. We were among one of the earlier Key Clubbers there, so that was super exciting, since the colossal beach was so nice and peaceful.

The event itself was really lengthy, but worth the run through. We attended lots of different workshops that reminded us about time management, leadership, and life skills. I tend to get a lot of helpful tips and advices out of these leadership workshops every year. I like to collect the literatures that they pass out because the LTGS  (Lieutenant Governors) always do a good job putting them together for the rest of the members and officers to read.

I had so much fun building Spongebob's pineapple house with the others. If you have not noticed yet, that is Patrick's house next to Spongebob's house. Since Patrick's house is only a rock that resembles half a coconut in my point of view, that is why you can kind of see the shape of his house. If not, then you can use your imagination. Thanks to Karney's nice blue and yellow (the colors of Key Club)'s bucket, we were able to make our successful creations.

The weather was chilly and windy, but I was glad that I brought my olive green jacket with me just to be safe. I recalled being at the same beach last summer standing in freezing cold weather, so I packed smarter and lighter yesterday night. The sun rays must have got me because I came home being told that my face was attacked by redness before I even noticed. 

Take note of Trung's humorous facial expressions. What can I say? Trung was just hilarious today with his red and white striped towel that he claimed to be his bathrobe that he never washed in three years. But don't worry, I"m sure that that is just another one of Trung's typical and sarcastic lies. If it wasn't for my sprained wrist and hurt ankle, I could have probably done more of the Key Club cheers, but I was in no spirit of jumping in agony with the painful piercing needle feeling that kept throbbing in and out of my cuts on my toes during the workshops. The sand on the beach certainly did not make my cuts feel any better as you can see. But I'm not a fan of wearing closed toe shoes at beaches. Therefore, I just had to be barefoot even with the bandages on my toes today.

I found it difficult at first to believe that now that we are one year older, a lot of things are starting to change. For instance, Sherry Zhou, Alex Nguyen, Kevin Duong, and Spencer Huynh were not present to experience the Key Club sand castle bonding with us. The old LTGS were not there to lead and guide the new LTGS through the workshops this summer. The rest of the graduated seniors did not come by and say hello. But that's just life, and I completely understand that. Well not completely, but the idea of things changing. Everyone has things to do and with summer happening, there are all sorts of possibilities and opportunities that could have been happening for the rest that were not present, as we were having a good time in the sand attending another life-changing event for Key Club.

Back to the details, We also did the group picture with all our backs facing the camera this year because we did a picture similar to this last summer. Key Club. It's not just for high school, it's for life.

Moving on, my day could not have been more complete without the four of us stopping by Starbucks to pick up a few cups of hot coffee, and spotting Tiffany Truong at Jamba Juice working. It was so nice to catch up for a split second and then go home to find a fairly new and neatly polished Spanish book sitting on top of my desk. Do you know what this means? Do you?? This means that I can graduate and not have a filthy note in my record that says I still owe the school a green Spanish 3 book. This means I can finally return it to the school bookroom and not have to pay 70 dollars that could possibly buy me an excessive amount of cups of coffee and parts for my orange bicycle. Instead, I only spent 10 dollars on Amazon.com to order this precious young thing. You guys, I have never been happier to see a Spanish 3 book again, especially having to go through three years of living hell at school for a language that I just could not process through my mind. Alright, it wasn't exactly living hell. I actually enjoyed surviving through three years of learning a difficult language, with the two teachers that I actually appreciated and liked.

With all of this said, I also got a chance to continue this new book that I borrowed at the public library yesterday. It's called Following Polly by Karen Bergreen and it is fairly interesting. It's about this 32-year old who decides to follow another lady her age, named Polly due to the curiosity of wanting to know more about how Polly runs the ideal perfect life. One day she finds Polly murdered and gets suspected that she is the murderer of Polly with the evidence and video footage found of the days that she shadowed Polly. Now she finds herself desperate in need to find immediate help to exonerate her charged felony. This book? It is so, so good, so far. I haven't followed a book this tentatively in ages. Alright that's a lie, but yeah, it's definitely a suspenseful book that pleads to be read continuously day and night.  

If you have read up until this sentence, I thank you now for your patience and interest in what I call: another one of my ideal summer days.

Oh and I love my parents.

-jane

No comments: