Friday, July 9, 2010

Part 1,2, 3: Santa Ana, Anaheim, La Jolla, Oceanside Beach

Hello Bloggers. I came back yesterday night and now I am still trying to unpack all of my belongings. But I think I have recovered from my exhaustion over a night of deep sleep. I'd like to share with you guys some pictures of my one week long road trip.

Day 1, which was Thursday, July 1st, I spent most of my time in my dad's Acura car. It's called a road trip for a reason because most of the time was spent on the road. Sitting in the front seat helped me relieve drowsiness and carsickness, so that was a plus for this trip. For the first destination, we were off to Santa Ana, to this little place that was known as The Asian Garden, or Little Saigon in my mom's point of view. My parents had a good time browsing through all the different kinds of Vietnamese food in the food court, while I just loitered around the Vietnamese CD stores. We had pho, Vietnamese noodle soup, for lunch, for the third time of the day, for some reason.

After, my dad drove to the Marriott Suites in Anaheim and we unpacked our belongings. Not long, my parents drove to San Diego to see my brother and pick up his car back to Anaheim. With them gone, I went down to the pool and bonded with kids not my size, and not my age. This meaning I spent hours down at the pool playing role plays of Barbie and Ken, while being shot at with wild water guns by little girls and boys. I was telling Kevin how we were a team, because all of our parents abandoned us for countless hours.

Luckily, there was cable in the hotel, considering that we were in one of the world's happiest places on earth. So I watched the usual, such as The Suite Life on Deck, Hannah Montana, Phineas and Ferb, etc. And all of that, concluded Day 1.

Day 2: My parents came back with my brother's car from San Diego, back to Anaheim. My dad drove the three of us, meaning my mother, himself, and me, to this car repair auto shop in Santa Ana. This meant that we were back in "Little Saigon" for Vietnamese food. Since the car had to be left in the repair shop's garage, the three of us took the bus to get around the city. We explored a lot of different Vietnamese markets, food restaurants, and bakeries. We also got a chance to walk through the Gardenwalk and take the shuttle buses around and into Downtown Disney for a period of time. When night time reached, my dad's relative-friend picked us up and drove us to her house in Westminister. There, my dad got the chance to catch up with some of his family friends, after not seeing them for years since they've moved to SoCal. Do you want to know what we had for dinner? We had pho again! It was like the fourth time for me.

There, I realized that I needed to start learning Vietnamese on my own as soon as possible. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to survive any more of those moments where I just stare and smile when someone speaks in Vietnamese to me, not knowing how to respond back.

Day 3:   On Saturday, June 3rd, my dad drove us and the newly fixed and washed car back to La Jolla, where my brother stays. It was the first time I have ever stepped into his apartment and I thought it looked very roomy and sparkly clean, even with the games and belongings scattered everywhere. But yes, it was nice and the area around looked like a very tidy place to live in. The four of us had Chipotle for lunch and my parents really enjoyed their burritos and rice bowls. As usual, I ordered the Chicken Rice Bowl. Ever since I knew I couldn't eat a burrito properly and decided to use a fork to eat the inside of it, I decided to order the bowl to make life easier for my burrito and myself.

After we said our good-byes to my broskie, my mom, dad, and I passed by the Oceanside Beach. It was looking really nice and crowded. But the weather wasn't all that sunny, so we didn't stay for long. I can imagine how great it is to have a house right next to the beach. But what happens during the winter?

1 comment:

Sherryyyy said...

Lots of pho. I don't think I could have handled it! Lol I love Disneyland!! You're going next year :D