Thursday, July 15, 2010

keep those windows opened

That way, you can all breathe a little bit easier. The summer heat is really kicking in and it is turning me into a flaming fire ball all day long, every day. For the past two days, I have been continuing the healthy volunteer service at the public library for the Summer Reading Program. I've been taking the mountain bike there for two days in a row and it's horrible. Nothing feels quite like my orange bike in the end.

After service today, Calvin took me to Sun Bike to look around and luckily, this different guy helped us out with our dilemma. Then we went to Walmart to look for cheaper colored grip, but there was no luck for such thing. But I gave Walmart props for selling new school supplies so early though. You know, I used to like getting a new pack of Crayola crayons every year.

After some magic and time this hot afternoon, Carl became a happy bike again.

After catching up with Make It Or Break It for awhile, Calvin, Vincent, and I met up at Cataldi Park and started our biking adventure. We biked back to Sun Bike near Great Mall and talked to the guy again. I was seriously considering buying some kind of red grip on the rack. But I resisted the color temptation. In the end, I returned the inner tubes and tape that I purchased earlier in the afternoon, since I got some other ones from Walmart. So I suppose I will stick with this black grip for now.

Oh, then the three of us biked to McDonald's and the two of them asked for ice water. This got the McDonald's people a bit angry. How funny that they had such big french fry window stickers outside. So there's the answer to the picture below this post.

I made a watermelon-strawberry smoothie today.

No comments: