Thursday, July 22, 2010

three thrift stores in a day

: elefante blanco, crossroads, black and brown, urban outfitters, tea station

Score. Today, Calvin, Vivian, and I went to all the places listed above. It was my first time going to Elefante Blanco and it was an interesting experience. We got to talk to the volunteers there and they were so kind and generous with their service. Since I haven't written a Yelp review in so long, I decided to write one for them.

After, we went to Crossroads and there, I bought a floral skirt with pockets that I really liked. The skirts being sold were up to season at decent prices. Vivian got a small Coach wallet for a stealer price as well. It was there that we decided that we'd go back to Black and Brown for brown boots and jeans the next time we feel like we need to get some. Will do for sure.

At Urban Outfitters, there was a huge home decor and shoes sale. I wanted to buy this art print that I kind of liked, but I figured that I didn't really need it since I wasn't so much in love with it. But, they do have some new floral and lion cups that are worth the buy. I mean what can I say? Their home decor section is to die for.

After we went to these four places, we went to Tea Station in Newark and I ordered some Coconut Grass Jelly drink that tasted like a slushy, but not quite a slushy. I didn't know they added a scoop of Vanilla Ice cream and red beans in it because it did not say on the menu. So since Vivian and I both got these drinks that tasted equally sweet, we added a little bit of water into them and mixed the drinks. This concludes a four hour fun morning-afternoon with Calvin and Vivian.

No comments: