Saturday, July 10, 2010

saturday half day plans

Don't be surprised if you ever see me owning a churro stand some day. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to make that my living career, but yes, it would be nice to own one, considering that I like the smell and taste of churros so much. Today was quite an eventful day for Sherry, Anne, and me! This morning, my dad drove us to Downtown Campbell around 10:00 a.m. and we did our greets with our home school Key Club group and attended the opening ceremony of Relay For Life. We played Pictionary with Kevin Lai and Spencer. So that made a total of three teams of two people each.

Though Kevin Lai and I were horrible at guessing each others' quickly drawn pictures, we still had a lot of fun! Church mouse was the easiest picture I could literally draw. I can't believe I couldn't get Granny Smith Apple!

After we stayed around in the hot sun for an hour and a half or so, the three of us took a walk to the boutiques in Downtown Campbell. There was this adorable red, grey, and blue robot toy I wanted to get for my brother, but I ended up not purchasing it because I figured he had too many collectibles anyway.

In the afternoon, we went to the Berryessa Flea Market to hang out and visit Kevin Duong, who works at one of the many Icee stands. Look at how cute he looks in his maroon apron and hat! For lunch, I had a crunchy corndog at the Snack Bar, a churro from a churro stand, and a cup of blue Icee, which I got as a sample from Kevin Duong.

After the Flea Market, we went to Border's to look for some self-taught Vietnamese books. But unfortunately, they didn't have any in stock in the store, so I suppose I will search for some online. I really am determined to learn a few lines before the end of this summer. It would really come in handy, especially since I will not be focusing on Spanish at school anymore.

Today, the churro made my day complete.
I am the churro girl.

No comments: