Wednesday, July 21, 2010

a dream within a dream within a dream

After watching Inception, I started to question the dream catchers that I owned at home. I literally walked out the theater wondering how I even got sucked into such a movie regarding dreams. It was like living through fantasy and reality at the same time. The crazy paradoxical movements drove my mind crazy. The main characters were so heavily sedated and forced to their consciousness in their dreams that it made the audience feel as though they were diving deeper into these dreams within dreams themselves. I mean, even the ending was left so ambiguous that it got everyone intensely thinking afterward. Movies like this don't happen as often anymore.

Overall, this is exactly the kind of movie that deserves a high score in my movies handbook. So Inception falls within the range between 8.5 to 9 because the movie was a thriller for sure.

No comments: