Monday, October 25, 2010

i can be messy at times

but not when it comes to school work, important documents, and other life or death tasks that I need to pull together. I honestly do make the effort to work on such assignments either weeks or months ahead of time, to prevent myself far from being a procrastinator. Another thing about me is that I also happen to have a very poor memory. Like today for example, I walked home forgetting that I promised Mr. Mac during lunch time that I would pick up the recommendation letter for the scholarship that I plan on applying for, after 7th period.  Feeling all cheery for a second when I got home, I immediately started to panic the next minute when I started to fret over whether Mr. Mac would still be at school or not. So I set the alarm and literally half ran back to school to get to the junior hallway to find Mr. Mac. I ran because I felt that it was my responsibility to be sincere with my words. Plus, a promise is a promise, and my mother says it is not okay to break promises unless you have really reasonable, suitable, or forgivable excuses. So I did not want someone else to pick up the letter of recommendation for me because it was my responsibility to hold accountable for my own scholarship opportunities, and picking it up would allow me to get one step closer to being a solid candidate for this scholarship. At this point, you may think that I have a slight chance of having OCD for being all paranoid for having this letter in my own hands, but don't worry. I don't.

Luckily, Mr. Mac was still there to give me that sealed envelope and I was able to calm down for the next few minutes.

On another side note, the weather was quite warm today. I have come to the conclusion that I definitely have strange body temperatures. Maybe I should live in Alaska with Mr. Wilk someday like Ms. Gonzalez says.

Speaking of Ms. Gonzalez, in her Avid class today, I was able to give a very productive lecture explaining the themes and plots of Beowulf to the English group.  A word of advice to someone who doesn't understand things on the first try like me, is to draw pictures. Draw, draw, draw. Drawing can explain a lot more, most of the time.

Now, I will go work on more scholarships and study for the Beowulf test tonight if I have time. 

No comments: