Friday, October 22, 2010

NHS Clothing Drive

I am so excited for the clothing drive project! My mom and I have been waiting for these donation drives for a long, long time. My mom seriously has old clothes packed in bags for years. She has been desperately and somehow patiently waiting for people to collect these yet to be collected items. So I was extremely glad to find out that we were going to work on this project in NHS. I just know that everyone is going to have so much fun donating and collecting bags of clothes for the next few weeks! 

I went to Jeremy's house this late afternoon to help paint the posters for the barrels to spread the word for this clothing drive project. Looking at the boxes filled with paint bottles and brushes laying there in his garage really reminded me of the old Leadership days. I honestly had a brief moment thinking about the long past days and nights I spent painting for rallies, music concerts, and special events last year. But after, I reminded myself that it was that sort of thing where I knew I wanted to help paint, but not help paint every day. It was the idea of wanting to do something, but not doing that something all the time. So I called myself to order and gathered myself back for a few minutes.

What I'm saying is that there are some things that just eventually get repetitive and old, causing you to resent the things that you do after awhile. But overtime, you somehow always manage to find a way back to your old roots. These things that were once repetitive and old to you are now exciting and new again. Strangely in the end, you suddenly realize that these things are not so bad, or in this case, not so bad at all from the beginning.

No comments: