Friday, October 1, 2010

This Friday Night

Sarah Hermans
Things are really starting to turn around lately. I quit my job last Thursday due to a few personal reasons, but what's important now is that I focus on looking more into certain colleges and reaching these goals that I set for myself. The fact that college applications are not around the corner anymore is kind of a big deal. All of this is happening so fast that I can barely explain how things are actually going as of right now. I just know that the upcoming months will be very exciting. I would like to take this time to thank Avid for giving me the opportunity to meet such compatible diverse friends, tutor such interesting topics, and find out so much about certain colleges for the past few weeks. This class has really helped me think outside of the box.

On Wednesday night, I found out that Kevin Lai's middle name is Hocy. It is pronounced "hockey" and is actually supposed to literally mean the sport hockey. But his parents left out the letter "e" for some reason. Interesting. I love learning about people's middle names.

On Wednesday afternoon, Kenny, one of the Special Ed kids and I had a short conversation after the Bloomers Club meeting. It went a little something like this:

Kenny: Hey Jane! ( In his usual feminine tone ).
Me: Hey Benny! I mean Kenny.
Kenny: Do you have a crush on me???
Me: Did you just ask if I had a crush on you?? Why, do you have a crush on me?
Kenny: Yeah, because I kind of have a crush on you. So do you?
Me: Yeah, I have a crush on you.

Oh he's very cute. I wish he was my little brother. Then, I could bring him with me and introduce him to everyone I know.

Tomorrow I have a practice SAT test at SCU again, so I am going to review for a bit tonight.

No comments: