Wednesday, September 9, 2009


George Whitefield. This was the man who sparked The Great Awakening, which was supposedly a period of heightened religious activity in Colonial America and the UK. I also learned that Benjamin Franklin was a supporter of George Whitefield as well.

You know, the Louisiana Purchase? I finally read about it. I can't believe I wasted all those days in 7th grade not listening. Thomas Jefferson eventually purchased this deal from a man named Napolean. Napolean was just too desperate for money and afraid that he'd lose his Northern American territories to the British.

P.S. Tonight, I went to Border's and bought the book Forever by Pete Hamill for my U.S. History class. Ms. Orban says that everyday, there will be 10 minutes of silent reading, and some reading done on our own. Before a month goes by, we're going to have to write a paper on it. How exciting can this get?

P.P.S. There is a tennis game tomorrow against Silver Creek High School tomorrow at 3:15! It is a most certainly a home game! Hope to see you all there!

This picture is from here.

No comments: