Sunday, October 25, 2009

13 hours of Adventurous Moments



So to TRY ( but probably not going to happen) to summarize my Saturday briefly, yesterday was another day full of eventful activities under the warm weather that we get in Cali. First off was having French Toast Dips and OJ on Carl's Jr's breakfast menu in the morning with Lin and her parents. Next off was California's Great-est America where we had our FRN ( Fall Rally North) rally/assembly at the Redwood Amphitheater. I was really glad that it was outdoor because there was so much spirit within the many divisions surrounding us. It was nice to see the district executives and all the LTGS. I definitely had an amazing experience there and I truly cannot wait to go to DCON (District Convention), which by the way, is in Sacramento this year! So it is super duper close by. I heard next year it will be held in Long Beach and then in Santa Clara in 2012, the year I graduate.

Throughout the day, Great America was definitely dominated by the many Key Clubbers on all the rides, in the countless lines, and more. We heard the Key Club cheer everywhere we went and had to do spirit battles as well. I can't say that I have a favorite ride of all time, but what I enjoyed the most about my time being there was that swirl ice-cream cone I got, since I was craving for ice-cream or cake all day.

When I got home, not long, my dad and I went to pick up Lin to go downtown to attend the break-down volunteer event for Light the Night. When we got there, people were just about finishing the walk for Leukemia. I thought it was amazingly neat that they had lights inside the balloons. To think that I would get one next year just makes me a little more excited! So we just went in and figured that they did not need any more volunteers. So Lin and I just went around to hang out with whoever we saw and not surprisingly, we saw our group of Interact friends. We hung around for a bit, and thus started our downtown cruising adventures. Due to the darkness of the night, we went through 20 minutes of adventurous moments within the allies, restaurants, and more. Sometimes it's nice to have a best friend do such crazy risky things with you when you have no idea where you are.

At the end of the night, my dad picked us up and he took us to my favorite Bijan Bakery ( thanks to Jennifer), and we had chocolaty desserts there. We are so excited to go back next week to pick up the Fancy Mango Mousse cakes for Halloween! We best get a few slices of that delicious looking pumpkin pie as well! Well until then, have fun looking through the pictures I selected out.

2 comments:

Dan Truong said...

I DID NOT SEE YOU AT LIGHT THE NIGHT
spencer said that you weren't coming to light the night -_-
wow.

jane-willy said...

Haha wow way to make up lies Spencer. I never said I wasn't going. haha.

Should have texted me!
It was neat.