Saturday, October 10, 2009

So if I am not there... I am here



It's not a shame that I decided to not go to Homecoming again this year. If you are wondering what I could have ever done to replace this important night, I actually went to hang out with Alison and Justin. After Saturday school this morning, I headed straight to PHHS to the gym to help decorate for the Homecoming dance. We blew up a bunch of golden, black, and silver balloons and Camille and Lillian did an amazing job with the balloon arches.

After a good two hours or so, I went home to put on my contacts and changed to go to Santana row with my dad. There, I bumped into Justin and Alison and so we hung out from there. Luckily today I got to splurge on a few items that won my heart. They are certainly not those two dazzling dresses from above. Instead, I bought a pair of black shoes from UO and Alison picked up a nice looking buttoned vest. (I really liked how they had a whole section dedicated to Where the Wild Things Are! We are definitely seeing that movie when it comes out! )

Not long, we headed over to Valleyfair and a pair of Vigoss Studio jeans caught my eyes at Nordstrom in the BP section. Being a pair of reasonably priced pair of jeans, I immediately headed for the cashier. Then, Justin, Alison, and I went over to CPK downstairs to have dinner. We ordered The Greek pizza and the Spinach Artichoke Dip for appetizer. The Greek was delicious with the many toppings it included. Justin left before the pizza came out, but he stayed long enough for us to have the talks we haven't had in a long time.

Overall, tonight went really well and I am really glad that I got to spend most of the night with these old friends that I have valued for a long time, but have not had the chance to catch up for a decade. I cannot wait for us to hang out next time!

P.S. Alison also gave me permission to head back to Nordstrom to purchase the grey-rosed headband I really liked before we got picked up by my dad. Thank you for your kindness, but we skipped desserts for that.

No comments: