Wednesday, June 16, 2010

campus scavenger hunt

Day 3 at SCU:

Today we started off the afternoon making the "About Me" cube. Basically we had to construct our own 6 sided box (cube) and paste the things that describe us. I brought an old Filter magazine that I purchased the last time I was obsessed with the articles regarding the movie Where The Wild Things Are. Luckily through the magazine I was able to pull pages of a man with glasses riding a green fixed-gear bicycle, a few band pictures that I liked, and other pictures that made me happy. I thought the "About Me" cube was a really fun and crafty project to work on in the morning because it gave me the time to think about who I really am, what I like to do, what makes me happy, and what my favorite hobbies are.


You know, times like those are great. You just get to reflect back on what really defines you and what kind of things make you, you. We went on a frozen yogurt break at Frozo's today and I had a really good time hanging out with Melanie and Vanessa. I mainly listened to them talk about their boyfriend stories. I personally thought the discussions we had together were interesting because their stories were just so movie-like. I know that I can't imagine myself having to go through such situations like theirs at the moment, but I suppose these times will come when they do. I sincerely hope that they swim through these seas of hungry dogs because in the end, what will really matter in life is living life to the fullest. If a person keeps having doubts of being hurt in the end, then who knows? Maybe it's just time to leave those insecurities behind and move on to some new beginnings.


But anyway, below are some pictures of our campus scavenger hunt. We were basically split into teams of 3-4 to go on a mission to collect all of the requested campus brochures from different departments, write down a few facts from the science department, take pictures in front of The Solar House, St. Mary and St. Ignatius statues, the library machines, the science department, and the mission itself. I felt that we had a great team of five and we worked very well together.

From the first picture below, the very left  is "Perfect Puneet" (one of the FTP student leaders), me, Angelica,  "Crazy Crystal", and "Jumpy Jahana."

By the way, click on the link to to see how this crazy Solar House was built.



The Solar House




No comments: