Tuesday, June 29, 2010

the urban jungle

Yesterday morning I got up at 6:30 am to go play tennis with Vincent by 7:30 am at Cataldi Park. Since it was still early, we decided to bike to McDonald's for breakfast. As usual, I had the Yogurt Parfait. I just can't get enough of it, you know? Then we biked down to the Penetencia Creek to make this "mini raft." But it's more like a mini "thing." We put this together purely out of natural supplies. This is the creek life, my friends. We found different pieces of "string," a.k.a. grass stems and weed bits to tie the branches and sticks together. We tried to stuff  leaves, grass bits, and a piece of this one McDonald's cup in the middle too. In the end, it floated really well and there I was, trying to stop it from getting stuck between any logs and sticks.

Also, for some reason, every time I bike down to the creek, I always forget my camera. So here are some pictures from my LG Voyager. This will not happen for a third time.

In the afternoon, I biked to my grandma's house with my dad. Seeing my grandma so weak in the hot weather made me very sad. Despite my favorite season of the year, I do hope that the weather cools down some time, so my grandma can breathe better. She said that the one thing that would be nice at the moment would be to sit by the beach. If my busy parents had extra time, I am sure that they would take her some time. And if I could drive, I'd take her right now.


1 comment:

Sherryyyy said...

Aw super cutes :) I really need to start blogging again and start commenting on your posts lolol I hope your grandma is doing well despite the weather!