Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I woke up early this morning to go biking with Calvin along the Alum Rock trails. I am glad that we took the road this time because that's really all my orange road bike can handle at the moment. Even the gravel is a bit too risky to ride through because I don't plan on having my tires pop or anything. We went through an amazing trail that took us downhill so fast that I didn't even have enough time to look back. I just love the adrenaline rush.

We took a big loop around and ended up at the Starbucks near James Lick High School and there I discovered this Thrifts and Gift shop. But from Tuesdays to Saturdays, the store opens from 10:00 am-4 pm. It was a little too early to wait in front of the store, so we just turned back and biked home. But next time, I am definitely going back to take a look because it looks like a neat place to check out.

Going back, I gave Calvin the mix CD and green and black friendship bracelet I made yesterday, before he made the turn into his neighborhood. When I got home, I hung my bike back up in the garage. The wild flowers and the plums are from my backyard. I almost forgot that the plum tree was a summer tree. I have been picking the ripe plums every summer for as long as I could remember. Every year, I would climb to the top of the tree to pick the ones that look like they are about to fall first. Then I move on to the side branches.

I am currently still studying the traffic law packet. I just hope I finish this thick packet soon. My schedule is somewhat packed for the week, but I am super excited for Anh to come visit again this Friday! I also can't wait to see Lin as well. The three of us plan to go to the Left Coast Live concert to see OK Go and some other great bands this Friday night. I wish that I could see Yo La Tengo the following day, but I think it's more important to attend some Key Club events at the park and volunteer service hours at the library instead. I can give up some things.

I need to move my plants into a sunnier spot now.

1 comment:

Sherryyyy said...

Omgoodness You know the last time I went to the thrift store was with you like almost a year ago? Good times.