Saturday, June 26, 2010

my ultimate weekend that started early

I suppose it started on Thursday for me because when it is summer, I tend to forget what day it is sometimes when I do not have my handy dandy agenda with me. I am still using the sheet of paper that SCU gave me about a week ago. The calendar sheet sure came in use when I had to write down all the days I planned to go hiking, biking, or what not for the past few days.

On Thursday, I went on another epic biking adventure. I met up with Peter, Kevin, and Aaron (who is my new friend), and we biked from Piedmont to Milpitas and stopped at this one park. Then I thought I saw four astronauts, but they were really just men who liked to wear astronaut-like puffy suits to spray plants. But they had those astronaut-like backpacks, but they were really just motorized backpack sprayers. After roaming around the park, we biked to McCarthy Ranch. Going up that "mini freeway" was kind of intense. But the four of us made it through safely and sat outside this one sushi place to eat Cliffbars. We tried to share life stories but they didn't really work out.

On our way back, my left eye contact started attacking my left eye. Then it was back to the whole feeling of a million needles stabbing through one by one again. The sun was so blazing hot that it made my eyes start to water like a waterfall. When my eye started to feel swollen, I ran into this Noodles Restaurant and took the left eye contact out. The others claimed that no man gets left behind, so they all walked their bikes back from Greatmall to my house with me. In one hand, I held the left eye contact, and in the other I tried to save my bike from crashing into anything while walking it back at the same time. I probably caught so much more dirt, dust and whatever infectious bacteria on my way back while holding it in the air for about an hour. Luckily I came home and put it in the contacts case immediately and grabbed my glasses.

We were going to head to Jamba Juice, but instead we decided to share life stories again in front of my driveway, by the shade. Those didn't turn out too well either, because the stories always ended up coming from one person. After cooling off, we headed over to Kevin's house to help him pack for Seattle. But we ended up not helping him pack, because we decided to watch Peter jam out to the keyboard songs. Then we decided to go to Peter Piper's house. And I am glad that we went over there because his amazing backyard had a huge patio that I never took the time to walk on, and so many flower pots that my mom would kill to own. I liked watching Peter Piper wind up the umbrella shade stand. It took him a good few minutes until he finished. There was the dark side, and then there was the light side. I was in the sun of course, while Peter Piper and Aaron were in the shade.

After spending a day as long as one full school day with them, the rest of the night was spent taking a few naps here and there since I could barely open my sore eye at that time. I couldn't really read a book or watch television, so I just closed my left eye, which eventually made my right eye close as well. But back to television, I caught up on Pretty Little Liars and must I say that this show is going to be on my new Abc Family list.

Now, continuing to Friday, which was yesterday. In the morning, I went hiking up the "mountain lion trail," or as known as the "Sycamore Trail" in alum rock park. It took us up through many rocky loops and we encountered exactly eight rabbits that ran away from us and a billion squirrels. We listened to nature and listened to squirrels squeak. Do you guys know what squirrels sound like when they squeak? Well, I do. And this is what it sounds like if you have not heard them before yet. Click here. Now imagine if you could speak squirrel. After the morning hike, Calvin took me to McDonald's and bought me breakfast, which I did not really eat because I had to get to the library. So he took me home and put my orange bike into his car and drove me to the library. I did my library service from 10:00 -11:00 am and met Ashleen, who is going to be in incoming senior at Piedmont. So it was really fun to hang out with her and Jennifer Poon at the same time. They are such great people! It's nice to know that people have so much planned ahead for them. Jennifer says she wants to possibly be a pharmacist, while Ashleen considers the field of pediatrics.

I really didn't want to leave after one hour, but I had to rush home to open the garage door for Anh, who wanted to come early for the concert. But we had hours to kill before the Left Coast Live concert, so we asked Calvin take us to Target, to buy colorful pony beads. At my house, we made feather necklaces out of these old feathers I had, pony beads, and yarn. I made one for Lin as well, so we could all wear them at the concert for fun. When Lin came over, my dad took us Downtown and we had so much fun walking around, checking out the different venues. But we mainly stayed at the main stage because we wanted to see the Neon Trees and OK Go. It's too bad that we didn't get to see Corpus Callosum and Urban Animals live because OK Go didn't finish until 10:30 pm and they played before that time. But the concert itself was fantastic! I melted after I got to touch Damian Kulash, the lead singer of Ok Go's hand. Yes I am a little fan girl who just said that. It was literally crazy and I will never forget how close we were to the stage.

It's too bad that I can't go see Yo La Tengo tonight, but I am sure that Saturday night will end just as well. I hope you all had a swell time for the past few days and I will see you guys at the Key Club Zoofari Event tonight! (Maybe.)

No comments: