Friday, June 18, 2010

friday i'm in love

Things started out a little bit differently this morning. My sore body automatically woke up at 5:30 am and I was ready to go for the next hike up Eagle Rock. But Calvin really came by at 7:00 am, so we went to pick up Vincent and Vivian for another early morning hike. After the hike, we stopped by the photo center at Target because none of other stores we wanted to go to were open at the moment. But unfortunately, the photo center didn't open until an hour after the time that was posted online. So, Calvin drove us to McCarthy Ranch, where I thought we were going to stop by Michael's, but really, we went to McDonald's for breakfast.

So we went all the way to McCarthy Ranch to get McDonald's, which I found funny since there was one really close McDonald's by my house. But it was really fun because we all ordered pretty much the same thing unintentionally and received really delicious Mocha Frappucino samples. Soon, Calvin had to go to work at Great Mall, so he took the three of us along as well. You know how adults have "take-your-children-to-work-days?" Well, it was "take-your-friends-to-work-day" for Calvin. We messed with Calvin in the Levi's store for awhile until we decided to take a walk around the mall. After an hour or two, we went out to the light rail and separated when we all reached our destinations.

As soon as I got home, I immediately hopped onto my orange road bike and biked to Target by myself to pick up the four photos I ordered online yesterday morning. Coming back home again, I frantically tried to search up songs that I thought would be suitable to put on Chad's going-away mix CDs. Luckily, I managed to finish taping the cardbox box that I put together yesterday and laminated it with clear tape on time. I was also able to finish pasting the pictures together in the secret hollow book. I added in the waterproof camera and a picture frame that I really liked inside.


When my dad came home, he took me to Chad's place and there we exchanged gifts just in time before he had to go back to packing and getting ready for his family dinner. He gave me three lovely outdoor plants and I gave him the oddly shaped box that I constructed with the going-away gifts inside. He also returned my bike and I biked it home, wearing a dorky helmet that my father made me carry with me to Chad's place, all while my father drove my new plants home.


Now my room is very clean and I am a happy child. I also got all the days and times that I requested for, for the volunteer service at the public library! Summer has been treating me real well so far.

No comments: