Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 09 - A picture of what you had for lunch

Tuesday oh Tuesday. This morning I met up with Vincent at 6:30 to go running around the park before I headed home to wait for Justin to get dropped off at my house.

Day 2 at SCU: We started class at 9 just like yesterday and we went to "Stuft Pizza" for lunch.

Today's workshops were very meaningful and valuable. We continued the Personal Statement workshop and started the Teaching Workshop. We were asked to reflect on the best and worst teachers we've ever had in our life time, and then jot down their good and bad traits.

It was a very interesting discussion because everyone had a say in it and each personal experience portrayed a great example of either an ideal teacher, or simply a discouraging teacher.

I had to leave class early today because I had to rush to the Berryessa Library for the Summer Reading Programs Training. Who would have guessed that they have upgraded so much ever since the past two years? I know I wouldn't have. I didn't know that the kids had to make accounts to log in the books that they have read to get the stamps on their sand dollar sheets. I didn't even know that these sand dollar sheets existed! But now that I do, I am very excited.

It wasn't mildly hot today, but it was just the perfect (and comfortable) weather for me to be in a tank, skirt, and sandals (all of the clothing pieces that I should not have worn to the training this afternoon! Hehe).

I have my second piano make-up class at 6:45 pm tonight. I really hope that I will have enough time to finish the abundant amount of theory homework that I was given just last Saturday. Until then, I also hope that it will still be bright enough outside to go play tennis after.

But overall, I really like these workshops that the Liberal Studies students have put together. It would be even better if Justin paid attention more.

No comments: