Thursday, June 3, 2010

sunset, sunrise

Oh Dan, I am jealous. I should have gone camping with you and Kimmy after all. But I will wait patiently until summer arrives, so we can all go together as a group. I'd like to go on special hiking trails, roast burnt marshmallows, go tan at the beach, and listen to your "scary" stories too.

It's a good thing that Calvin came by a second time yesterday to fix my orange road bike. Now, I can finally ride it like there's no tomorrow again.

Finals. I know it's finals time when I am roaming around school like a zombie with no emotions and expressions. I know that I am exhausted when I walk home with so much in my mind that I don't even know what I am doing anymore. You know, it's that feeling when there's so much to do and you're taking things one step at a time, but still feel like something is undone. I don't know what's missing, but I do know that tomorrow will finally be Friday. In fact, tomorrow will be TGIF, which means that time again to bring food for the gang again. So rumor has it that it's going to be so humid tomorrow in the high 80's with a slight chance of rain. Either way,  it's going to work for me. I just want to keep the warm weather around because I like to feel that kind of burning weather during lunch time when I sit down at the green benches.

The last rally is tomorrow and we have all been waiting for this day for a very, very long time, especially the seniors. I sense a short, but long day of sadness and happiness combined together coming briefly. My "Summer... is... here." poster is rolled up and ready to go, along with the other posters I finished painting in Leadership today. Now I just need to buy two rolls of Painter's Tape for the last time. After painting a few more signs tonight, I will be free to put away the paint bottles for awhile. I get to mean it, this time.

I hope you have fun at the Cold War Kids concert tonight, Vu!
-jane

No comments: