Sunday, June 20, 2010

Saturday was a busy-bee day for me, so I apologize for delaying the photo challenge for the second time. But anyway, yesterday I went to Roy's Coffee and Tea Station with Calvin in the morning since Peter was not up for biking at the moment. We ordered ice coffee and added two extra packs of sugar to make them taste less strong. When I got home, I practiced the piano and worked on my piano theory homework. Before I knew it, I biked to the Berryessa Library and locked my bike there. I wanted to see how long it would take to walk to my piano teacher's library, so I did so in between the time frame of five to ten minutes. After the lesson, I walked back to the library and started to work on more piano theory homework so I would have a less abundant load of work to do the following week. After about an hour of working in the quiet study room, I walked over to the Summer Reading station and began my volunteer hours.

I personally thought it was really fun to sit there and guide parents and children to the instructions of how to register and sign up for this great summer reading program. In my point of view, one of the greatest ways to give back to the community is to simply help serve at the local public library. Agree?

After the library closed, I biked home and continued reading the curious incident of the dog in the night-time by mark haddon. When night time reached, my brother took Jennifer and me to the movie drive-in to watch Toy Story 3. I really liked the movie and I thought it had the perfect storyline to go with it. I really liked how the toys expressed themselves from the perspective of seeing someone they loved and valued so much leave for college. The drive-in was super exciting and I hope that someday I will be able to experience a movie drive-in again. It was so relaxing to lay in the back of the car and watch a movie on a big screen. I seriously felt like I was on a float at various moments.


Coming back home once again, Jennifer heated up some sweet potato fries in the oven and they tasted delicious for a 2.am. snack. After eating, I was more awake than ever, so I worked on  a Father's Day card for my dad. I finally slept around 4 a.m., which was horrible because that explains why I felt like a disaster today. I went to the eye doctor at 12:30 pm and I couldn't even open my eyes up widely. My left eye felt like a million needles stabbing through all at the same time, and so I had no choice but close them for a long period of time. This made it hard for the optometrist to examine my vision changes. Now I have to reschedule for another check-up day and get my contacts reevaluated. There is a high possibility that I might change to soft lens, since I've been having such difficult times with my hard lens for the past few years.


The optometrist gave me this peculiar looking thing  to wear over my eyes before I headed out the door because she said I still had dry and sensitive eyes. This also explains why I find myself wearing sunglasses in both the daylight and nighttime so often.

1 comment:

Sherryyyy said...

Omg! I have yet to go to the Drive In with my friends! I am very excited; though I am waiting for a good movie to come out to watch. I hope you had fun!