Saturday, June 5, 2010

an overview of the mess i created over time

Well, my room is currently still being arranged. In the process, I threw out many old math, Spanish, Euro, and English homework assignments. My shelf is looking somewhat neat at the moment. But it just feels great to throw out unnecessary papers, books, and other items overall.

Call me Lame-o Laura, but these were some questions that I asked myself over and over again, overtime:

1. Why do I still have this? What does this mean to me? You get a piece of watermelon if you find the answer.
2. Do I need to keep this around? For what purpose?
3. Do I want to have a messy area or a clean area? Choose now Jane.
4. When will I ever touch this again? Should I just put it away somewhere first?

These questions got me kind of far. Some sections of my room are now organized more neatly than before.

Taking the SAT for four hours this morning was a long process as well. During section 6, I fell into the trap of not the 2-track mind that Revolution taught us not to have, but instead the 4+ track mind. I had all sorts of thoughts roaming around, and I lost my focus at times. I thought about how after I take the SAT, there will only be a few more things left to do before junior year ends. I thought about how I have to go return the roll of Painter's Tape at Target tomorrow. I thought about band, piano, tennis, cross country plans, biking plans, and pretty much everything else in the universe. Now I am going to lay on the floor and reflect on how this year went down because I could really use some rest for once.

Does anyone want to go biking tomorrow morning?

-jane

No comments: