Saturday, November 28, 2009

Be on the search for our tree, Tree 601
















Today was a well spent morning and afternoon with a best friend. This morning my dad picked up Dan and Lin to go downtown to help decorate our school's tree for Leadership. We stopped by Starbucks to pick up some warm drinks and walked to the group. We helped put up the recyclable ornaments, lights, and other used ornaments from the past.

Not long, the decorations were done, so the three of us wandered off around downtown and walked into the Tech Museum. We wanted to see Star Trek, but there felt like there was not enough time since Lin had to leave early for her Calc class. So we walked out after looking at the unique toys and gifts in the gift shop for a long, long time. I can't wait to go back next time, to actually watch Star Trek in IMAX. Hopefully Jessica , Dan , and I will get the chance to do that next week or so.

After Lin left, Dan and I went to the Art Museum because I really wanted to check out the gallery. And surely it was flipping amazing. They said no "flash " photos, but the two of us decided to take some pictures in disguise without flash after all. There, we also made special art structures of our own. My one bike+ one cube+ another bike eventually = a bike sleigh ride? Dan created glasses and I got to keep one of his since I was able to build this odd bike, but not a pair of glasses. We sat there for quite awhile making things and then we left and my parents came to drive us to the plaza with Trader Joe's, Target, and such. We walked into Target looking at DVDs, clothes that were on sale, and other things you usually find in Target. I want to buy the game called Things and I want to play it during Christmas Break. I want to buy Taboo and Charades as well. I cannot wait for the next break to come.

So far break has been the best of the best. Well not literally, but like it feels like it has been a long time already and I like the feeling of dropping everything behind to have some fun in San Jose. Who knew that so much could happen here??? But then again, maybe it's only because it's coming so close to Christmas time. So many things can happen within the next month. Like sipping on Hot Chocolate, watching reruns of shows and movies ( like Elf and other Christmas-y movies), reading books, ice skating at the ice rinks, going back to the Art Museum to check out different exhibits, visiting the Discovery and Tech museums for real, playing board games with friends, baking Christmas cookies and gingerbread men! ( Even though I do not even know how to cook, which means I don't know how to bake, but still! ) , going to Christmas parades, and watching musicals and plays.

Well, hopefully my rantings interested you in at least some parts of today's festivities in some way. The rest of today will probably be spent watching another Christmas movie, working on some studying, and finishing the Twilight book. I am nearing the end.

P.S. The first picture of this blog is our tree! Check out the ornaments and snowflakes if you actually go visit Christmas in the Park some time! It has been opened since yesterday and will be until December 27th.

No comments: