Friday, November 6, 2009

I think I finally understand the Crucible! Reading those spark notes on and off all night really dragged me to hell. But now that I kind of sort of get it, I think it is kind of interesting! It's really a book about how many people had to suffer through innocent runs of accusation of witchcraft and how some were more brave to hold their names in society until the end. I like how " crucible" means " severe test" or " a container with melting metals" because the meaning of the title relates to the play by the fact that the Salem community is full of God-fearing people who have to face through the accusations of witchcraft. From there, people start to frustrate and form hysteria all out and when everything goes wrong, it symbolizes the melting pot. The " severe test" is to test people's abilities to hold their words and remain headstrong to keep their names until the end.

1 comment:

Dan Truong said...

woah you just wrote an essay paragraph right there