Thursday, December 10, 2009

CSF Christmas Carnival


So CSF arranged this Christmas Carnival to go down to Lyndale and San Antonio to visit the 1st/2nd graders. This is the 2nd time that I've gone and I think it's a really meaningful event for the little kids. I know it means a lot to them and I am grately to be able to be a part of it and celebrate part of the early Christmas times with them. Overall, today was a mellow and really chilly day. I think I have the swine flu, so stay away from me.

Okay I do not have the swine flu, but I am feeling really down the drain and I have a stuffed nose and my throat has been burning for weeks. I do not need to go to the doctor. There is no time to spare for that when I can just take the medicine I have at home. After the carnival, we got back fairly early, so I decided not to go to 7th period. It's not ditching, because technically I had permission to skip the whole day, since I chose to skip first period this morning too to go to Karney's house to wait for Trung to take us to the gas station to get hot chocolate.

Karney, Kevin, and I went back to Karney's house afterward and Kevin told me that he used the same pencil since 5th grade until now. He almost uses it for every test and quiz and assignment he has to do. That is pretty amazing. Kevin is such a funny person. So after he left, Trung and Danny came over. When Danny left, Trung and I got scrambled eggs from Karney and we watched My Sister's Keeper on his big screen and it was a really inspirational and emotional movie. I didn't cry, but it was the type of movie where it really makes you think about life and the people you are around. I want to read the book now. I cannot wait to watch The Lovely Bones when it comes out. It's too bad that I already read the book, since I always say that I am the type that likes to watch movies before reading and I still hold that theory.

Tonight... tonight I am going to finally finish "building" the sleigh for the rally somehow and gather my Christmas props together like my small blue and shiny Christmas tree from Target, and wrapped class color presents. I have to finish a poster for the rally saying "Purple onto the tree" and get to work on my Spanish Children's Book so Ms. Caldera can correct my 2 sentences and do math homework. Hopefully I'll get to reading a few more pages of the "philosophy of Andy Warhol". My brother is coming back tonight. Today was a meaningful day. But everyday is as well , in some way no matter what happens.

No comments: